Research shows that it takes 21 days to create a habit. It also shows that creating a good habit can take up to 66 days. I've decided to challenge myself to start a good habit...and I thought I would encourage all of you to do the same.
We tend to spend our days worrying about our own needs. Unfortunately, we need to be more intentional about being aware of others throughout our days. Maybe a neighbor is sick and could use a meal. Perhaps someone at the grocery store needs help loading their groceries into the car. Maybe sending a card to someone would lift their spirits. You just never know who might be in need of a blessing...
I don't know about you, but I often have to be quite intentional with my actions. It's easy to think about me and my own wants and desires. It's not as easy to think about someone else that might need a little help or a word of encouragement. It takes effort...it takes intentional effort to be successful at this.
My challenge is this...I want to create a habit of seeking to be a blessing in someone's life every single day over the next 66 days. It can be someone I know....but it doesn't have to be someone that I know. The point is, it does have to be intentional.
My hope is that after 66 days of being intentional, it will eventually become a habit.
No comments:
Post a Comment