Thursday, September 23, 2010

What a Blessing!

With all of the fundraising planning swirling around in our heads, we have successfully secured a handfull of 'gigs' at local craft fairs. As a family, we've designed (and re-designed) a t-shirt to sell as a fundraising opportunity. My mother has offered to make hot/cold packs for us to sell at the fairs. In addition, I'm making trendy hair clips to sell at the fairs...and PQ is going to be selling lemonade right along side of us.

After inquiring about another fair in our area, I was surprised to receive an email back today from one of the local directors. In my original email to him, I briefly explained our reasoning for fundraising at his fair. Within one minute (did you catch that-within 1 minute) of sending him the email, we received an email back from him advising that he would waive all table fees for us because of what we are trying to accomplish as a family. (In case you're not aware, vendors have to purchase space at craft fairs. These can range anywhere from $10 to $100, depending upon the event.)

What a blessing!

We were so encouraged by this gesture from a complete stranger. It was exactly what I needed today. What a blessing, indeed!

No comments: