Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fellowship Dinner with "Mem"...

This week's fellowship dinner was with "Mem'. We took a few minutes to come up with a savy nickname for this young lady and we determined that "Mem" was most appropriate. MEM are her initials...and such a cute nickname. Mem...I love it!


As soon as PQ and I got to her house, she was READY to come to our house.
Shoes on...check.
Jacket on...check.
Smiling...double check!





We played a few rounds of Hungry Hungry Hippo.
I used to love this game when I was a child but now the noise drives me crazy!





What would a fellowship night be without ICE CREAM???!!???





You know how I love doing this...GUESS WHO HAS WHAT ICE CREAM!
*Bubble Gum Ice Cream
*Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream with hot peanut butter on top (PB&J, anyone?)
*Coffee Ice Cream with hot fudge and whipped cream
*Cookie Dough Ice Cream



When we got to the house in the woods, we were greeted by the FAM.
This little one wanted to try on my rainboots.
ADORABLE!




And this little furry friend pulled on my heartstrings (per the usual).
I LOVE THIS DOG!!!!
(Yes...that's The Simple Man with the dog)


This little one cracks me up!
This picture SAYS.IT.ALL.



Getting to know Mem was a lot of fun. She's a quiet young lady but she definitely has a talkative side once you key in on the right topics. We played Armor Of God (a board game) and I heard her giggle throughout the entire game. We all wanted to win various game pieces but Mem was by far the most determined!
Even though the idea behind the fellowship dinners was to get to know the kids better, we are really getting to know the entire family as well. So far, this has been an awesome experience for us. We are delighted that we've created a deeper relationship with this family. I feel extremely comfortable with them and I always feel welcomed in their home. We always leave their house feeling joyful because their family is so welcoming. I could go on and on...I feel very fortunate to have made those connections with this family. They truly are a bunch of people that I enjoy being around.
Thanks again for coming over, Mem. It was great having you at our house! Please feel free to come back anytime! *WINK*

4 comments:

Country Mouse said...

AGREED that MEM's family is like that... absolutely!! Trying to figure out the ice cream thing... I was also trying to figure out where you WENT for it but I'm pretty sure it is the "new-ish" place that is always open... am I right? :) I have no guesses on ice cream...

Mama H said...

Yes, you are correct. We went to place near their house. We LOVE it there!!!! (Plus, they're open YEAR ROUND...unlike another favorite place.)

No guesses on ice cream? REALLY???!!!???

Momma S said...

Ok I'll try to take a guess on the ice cream, but really I don't think I'll be right on. Let's see...
PQ - Bubble Gum
Momma H- PB&J
Pappa H- Coffee
MIM- Cookie dough
How'd I do?

Mama H said...

Close on the ice cream...but I had the coffee with hot fudge (yum) and Papa H had the PB&J (nasty).