Wednesday, May 20, 2009

MCS Family Night!

Last night we headed to the 'big city' to see a baseball game. The school event was put together by our PTG group and although it was a bit hectic, it did end up being a lot of fun. The kids got to parade around the field before the game...they got to sing The National Anthem...and then they got to eat a ton of junk food. What else could be better??!!!??


PQ was curious about THE TRASH MONSTER!





LOOK WHO PQ FOUND!!!!



Aaaaawww....they make my heart melt!




Still holding on...



As you can see, there were a lot of families walking.



I always imagined about the view from center field...


Miss Independent cracks me up!!!!





PQ's little buddy from his class got to throw out the first pitch!




Where's PQ??
(Hint: Look for the yellow arrow)



Grammy & Grampa have ALWAYS loved watching baseball games!






I can't guarantee that this group like baseball but they do love PQ!





Did someone say SEA DOG BISCUIT!!???




Miss Independent got bundled up before we left.
(I LOOOOOVE THIS PICTURE!!)


One last picture before we head home.



The evening was a lot of fun and it was great seeing the kids singing out on the field. Although a few tears were shed (by PQ leaving his Mama to head out on the field), he quickly returned with a HUGE smile on his face! I am so proud of PQ and I'm thrilled that he's taking steps towards becoming a very independent boy. It's hard to believe that the first year of school is almost over. Time flies, doesn't it??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of "Miss Independent and PQ"! What a cute couple they make...Someday...Hmmm...time will tell! You could have however left the piture of me out--Not a great face! Love the blog!!

Mama H said...

Aaaaah!!! Kelly posted a comment!!! YAY!!!! Welcome! Thanks for posting!!!!